April 26, 2022
Ronald McDonald House Charities continues to accept families referred to us by our hospital and clinic partners.
At this time, our houses are accepting families to house capacity, with social distancing and other prevention protocols in place. We strongly encourage wearing masks for the health and safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff.
RMHC South Dakota does not have a vaccine mandate. We ask that all families vaccinated and unvaccinated take the necessary precautions and follow RMHC South Dakota Covid policies.
We strongly recommend that all families consult with their medical professional and seriously consider vaccination. Our overall desire is to keep all staff, families and children safe.
Throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, the safety and well-being of our families, staff, and volunteers have always been our highest priority.
To enable us to bring families back into our House programs at this time, the following specific conditions have been put in place to ensure the increased protection of all families, staff, and volunteers. We always require all families to agree to and follow by these conditions:
If you can answer ‘no’ to the following questions, we can accept you at Ronald McDonald House Charities South Dakota.
- Do you currently have an elevated temperature of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit or higher?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more or living in the same household.
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure(s) or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
Lake Avenue House
21 Rooms Open
24th Street House
8 Rooms Open
- All Families – Short- and Long-Term Families
- Continue new guest check-in procedures introduced to prevent exposure
- Continue health screening questions, review of new social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures
- Continue paperwork indicating the family is responsible for self-reporting any symptoms of illness
- Families must meet criteria of the Family Cohort categories established by Global RMHC
- 48 Hour leaves/return home passes are reinstated
- No Day passes reinstated
- Undergo a temperature and oxygen check daily you enter the House
- Maintain social distancing while in the RMH common areas
- Not return home at any time during your stay
- Not bring additional family members into the House or swap caregivers during your stay
- Not bring any visitors into the House
- Regular handwashing with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer provided, including your children’s hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or use tissues and cover your mouth and ensure your children do the same
- Use any Personal Protective Equipment if directed by RMH (e.g. masks)
- Advise us immediately if you become unwell or have flu-like symptoms
- Isolate yourself and your family from other Houseguests and staff, due to illness, if directed by RMH staff or health officials
- Small number of volunteers 5 or less
- No tours
- Health screening questions, temperature check, review of new social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures
- Essential visitors and only outside maintenance
- Establishment of a New Guest Check procedures process and room
- Daily health screening for all onsite staff and families
- Temperatures and screening questions for the staff at shift check-in, families log daily temperatures within daily log in site
- Social Distancing required
- Masks required, staff and families, (if recommended by hospital or local health authorities)
- Disinfecting procedures implemented
- Adherence to RMHC Infectious Disease and Prevention Guidelines