Be Our Guest
Keeping Families Close
Ronald McDonald Houses provide a temporary home-away-from-home for families of seriously ill or injured children receiving treatment at nearby medical facilities.
To be eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald Houses, a family must live 30 miles or more from Sioux Falls and must have received a referral to stay with us. Referrals are made through social workers at area hospitals or staff of area medical clinics where the patient is receiving treatment.
For patients 18 and under, the hospital will assign a social worker who can make a referral to either of the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Sioux Falls. For patients aged 18-21, your doctor’s office can make a referral.
If you are a looking for a room at one of our Houses, please contact your social worker or healthcare provider to discuss and begin the referral process.
A referral is not a “reservation” and does not guarantee availability of a room.
- Due to the communal nature of the Ronald McDonald House, a background check is performed on each adult 18 and older who is requesting a room at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Families with children 21 or younger that are receiving care at a medical facility in the Sioux Falls area are eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Families must live at least 30 miles from the Ronald McDonald House.
- Rooms are available on a first-call, first-served basis.
- Families are welcome to donate if able, but no family is turned away if they are unable to pay. We do accept Medical Assistance, if applicable.