Be Our Guest
Keeping Families Close
Ronald McDonald Houses provide a temporary home-away-from-home for families of seriously ill or injured children receiving treatment at nearby medical facilities. The Houses help keep families together by offering a safe, supportive, welcoming environment that gives guests a sense of normalcy and lets caregivers focus on the needs of the young patients.
Ronald McDonald House Charities is a service-focused organization, committed to the safety, security, and comfort of guests. We are sensitive to the needs of guest families 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. All families referred to the Houses are welcomed with open arms regardless of their financial situation.
To be eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald Houses, a family must live 30 miles or more from Sioux Falls and must have received a referral to stay. Referrals for stays are made through the social workers at area hospitals or staff of area medical clinics where the patient is receiving treatment. For those patients 18 and under, the hospital will assign a social worker who can choose to make a referral to either of the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Sioux Falls. For patients aged 18-21, your doctor’s office can make a referral. A referral is not a “reservation” and does not guarantee availability of rooms. Please discuss this with a social worker or case manager if you are interested in accessing RMHC services.
- Families with children 21 or younger that are receiving care at a medical facility in the Sioux Falls area are eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Families must live at least 30 miles from the Ronald McDonald House.
- Rooms are available on a first-call, first-served basis.
- Families are welcome to donate if able, but no family is turned away if they are unable to pay. We do accept Medical Assistance, if applicable.
- Due to the communal nature of the Ronald McDonald House, a background check is performed on each adult 18 and older who is requesting a room at the Ronald McDonald House.